Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ubuntu MATE to be an offical flavor soon!

Congrats to the Ubuntu MATE Team!It looks like their 15.04 release will the first as an Offical Ubuntu flavor. People who are looking for more a traditional desktop look on Linux should check out Ubuntu MATE. I posted a previous video by Luigi showing Ubuntu MATE on PowerPC. So if you have a G4 or G5 there is a PPC ISO you can grab and install.



read more here
visit The Ubuntu MATE site
PowerPC ISO here





UPDATE: Ubuntu MATE will officially support PowerPC in 15.04! See their blog.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still confused wich linux is best. I have windows 7 installed on my lenovo g40-30 and I want linux as other system behind win7. But wich distro is best for networking, disk/partitioning, and everything is windows can't done.. thanks... ridwantask@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say start with Ubuntu or Ubuntu-MATE. You can actually boot them from CD so you can try them out before installing.

    ReplyDelete